J Layzell & Sons

Established 1895


BUILDING CONSERVATION CONTRACTORS
Your Subtitle text

J Layzell and Sons Ltd

Awards

Somerset Building Award 2010
Stapleton Farmhouse, Stapleton.


Wood Award
Conservation and Restoration Winner 2007

Abbey Barn, Abbotsbury

 

Taunton and District Civic Society
Conservation Award
2006
Amberd Granary, Trull.


Somerset Linx Education Business Partnership Award 2004
With Ashill Community Primary School


Taunton Deane Borough Council

Conservation Award
2003
St Margaret's Leper Hospital, Taunton.


National Winner
F.M.B. Quality Award 1994

The Priest's House, Muchelney
National Trust Grade 1

J. Layzell and Sons was founded in 1895 by Jeremiah Layzell who was a joiner and wheelwright (pictured during the building of St Peter’s Church Horton 1899) who made carts and wagons for the agricultural industry.As main contractors J.Layzell and Sons undertake:

Conservation, stonemasonry,
carving and fixing.

Bespoke joinery and timber frame repair.
Lead plumbing and ornamental leadwork.
Lime plastering, renders and roughcasts.

Cob wattle and daub.
Traditional decorations
;
limewash, distemper and oil paints.

Where to find us


J.Layzell & Sons Ltd
The Yard
Pound Road
Horton
Ilminster
Somerset
TA19 9QU
                     
Harvey Layzell    
07425012272

Fax: 01460 52152

Email Enquiries:
harvey@jlayzellsons.org.uk

Office telephone:
Peter Layzell
01460 52855


 

‘No judgement can be passed on a building without a knowledge of how it was built'
Pierre Lavedon

 J. Layzell and Sons are award winning builders     specialising in the conservation and repair of buildings in Somerset. Skills are handed down from  generation to generation ensuring we are known locally for our unrivalled standard of craftsmanship and attention to detail. Through our work as main contractors for both public and private clients we have established an enviable reputation for quality owing to uncompromising work ethics.

Harvey
(Managing Director)
Harvey is a Professional Builder who has specialised in Traditional Buildings for over 20 years. He was a William Morris Craft Fellow in 1994 and is an active member of the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings.

The present partnership is the fourth generation
committed to the repair and conservation of historic buildings.